We recently made a very middle class splurge and brought an exceedingly posh blender. I am very much in love with it, apparently it can blend an iphone but I shan’t be trying that for now.
This is my first smoothie in this blender. I’ve never been much for recipes, I prefer to improvise, so I looked at what we had in the fridge and this is what I came up with. I thought I’d share it as it turned out pretty well, it feels very healthy with he Kale but is nicely balanced with the sweetness of the OJ and Pineapple.
Serves: Aprox 3 large glasses
- Half a bag of Kale (about 100g)
- 1 Cup Pineapple
- 1 Cup orange juice
- 1/2 a cup of milk (we used cow, but could also use Almond)
- 2 Nardicots (Something like satsumas or clementines would also work)
1. Add liquid ingredients – milk & orange juice
2. Add Nardicots (or alternatives) & Pinapple
3. Add Kale
4. Blend on smoothie setting of your blender or at medium/low for 30 seconds and high for 30 seconds (you’re looking to obliterate any little bits of Kale as it will ruin the texture)
5. Optionally add some ice and pulse a couple of times. Serve immediately
TIP: I kept this in the fridge for a day as it was too much for me to drink on my own and the taste became very ironey from some kind of reaction with the kale. So I wouldn’t recommend keeping it.
Got any good smoothie recipes of your own? Feel free to share in the comments section below